Agriculture and Food Security
End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
Awec seeks to end hunger in poverty seeking regions of Cameroon and to also assist people in poor and vulnerable situations including infants to safe nutritious and sufficient food all seasons. The goal of our organization is to achieve a comfortable and more stable environment by 2030.
We ensure sustainable food production systems and implement resilient agricultural practices that increase productivity and production, that help maintain ecosystems, that strengthen capacity for adaptation to climate change, extreme weather, drought, flooding and other disasters and that progressively improve land and soil quality.
Ambition for the future
- Adopt measures to ensure the proper functioning of food commodity markets and their derivatives and facilitate timely access to market information, including on food reserves, in order to help limit extreme food price volatility.
- End all forms of discrimination against all women and girls everywhere.
- Eliminate all forms of violence against all women and girls in the public and private spheres, including trafficking and sexual and other types of exploitation.
- Eliminate all harmful practices, such as child abuse, early marriage and female genital mutilation.
- Undertake reforms to give women equal rights to economic resources, as well as access to ownership and control over land and other forms of property, financial services, inheritance and natural resources, in accordance with national laws